Join us for our Annual Race to Remember on Saturday, October 21, 2017, at 9 am at Sedgwick County Park.
The Kansas DUI Impact Center annually hosts the “Race to Remember,” honoring DUI Victims and survivors and commemorating Red Ribbon week.
Proceeds from the 5K Run/Walk and Kids Fun Run benefit victims of vehicular crime committed under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and fund educational programs that raise community awareness of the dangers of impaired driving.
All Law Enforcement Officers, Military Service Members and Teams of 10+ recieve a 10% discount on registration. This race uses gender based, 10 year age brackets i.e. 20-29, and never consolidates brackets by age or gender. Everyone who registers by October 10th receives a Dri-fit T-shirt. Everyone recieves a MEDAL! Join us for the Race To Remember!
The Kansas DUI Impact Center was founded in 1987 as the DUI Victim Center of Kansas. It has since served more than 50,000 victims of DUI crime. The mission of the Kansas DUI Impact Center (KSDUI) is to serve victims of impaired driving and their families, while increasing awareness of the traumatic consequences of vehicular crime committed under the influence of drugs and alcohol through community outreach, education, and prevention, to reduce DUI offender recidivism as result of the DUI Victim Panel, and to positively impact social perception of impaired driving eliminating subsequent serious injury and death increasing public safety.
The Kansas DUI Impact Center provides five main types of services.
1. Victim Advocacy- we have victim advocates who travel throughout the state to assist victims of DUI Crimes.
2. Victim Impact Panels- We provide DUI Victim Impact Panels, an offender education program allowing victims to sharing their stories directly with offenders, in 11 different areas of the state utilizing over100 volunteers statewide. The panels are offered to DUI Offenders, as well as MIP and MIC (Minor in Possession/Minor in Consumption). The panels are a very non-judgmental way of showing the offenders why making the decision NOT to drive impaired is so important.
3. Courtwatch – We have a court liaison and three Courtwatch interns who attend felony sentencings and Driver’s License hearings and record statistics on information gathered.
4. Community Outreach – We increase community awareness through public speaking presentations and appearances all over Kansas.
5. We provide Sober Drivers for Corporate Events to get people home safely.